1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Struggling against Nighthaunt

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Princesse of chaos, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Princesse of chaos New Member

Supp' fellow lizards !

So basically my best friend and enemy is playing NH and I'm kinda concerned about how to deal with it, being a newbie at AOS.

In about a month we'll have a 1000pts game and I'm looking for councel to destroy/annihilate/beat him.

I've seen that saturation is good against those pack and I'll bring for sure my fresh 5 razordons to introduce him to the 10d6 concept.

I'll probably go for a shadowstrike starhost aswell with 6 ripper but the big question is : Who to target ? General ? elite units ? I dunno

At last I really have no idea how I'm supposed to use my 2x10 skinks, they really look like the kind of units to get erase by some wind...

If anyone got tips for this army, I'll definitely take it, thanking you guys in advance.

Cheers !

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Shoot his Heroes or Chainraspe Hordes with Razordons. Attack his Grimghast with Ripperdactyls. Try to put the Starpriest -1 hit debuff on his Grimghast before hand.

Aginor likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

If he has a Black Coach try to hit it hard and early.

Killer Angel and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Thanks ! I just don't get what you mean by "before hand"... I'm gonna be honest I'm kind of retarted.

No black coach, he's got only two souls war for now, so I'll be fine but thanks for the tips !

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Before you attack his Grimghast Reapers with your Ripperdactyls you will want to get your Starpriest in Range of the Grimghast Reapers in order to cast Summon Starlight on them and Reduce their hit rolls by 1. This will help your Ripperdactyls Survive their counter swing if any of their unit survives your onslaught.

6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Rippers are yoru friends, they have no rend, and rend doesn't matter, but god damn do they force a lot of save rolls on the turn they deepstrike from Shadowstrike.

7. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Ok I've got pretty much all i needed, just hope I won't forget anything crucial during the battle ...

Thanks to everyone who took time to answer me, I'll be sure to put those tips to good use.

LizardWizard likes this.