1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial The 8e Lizardmen Handbook (Updated November 2nd 2014)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by VampTeddy, Oct 5, 2013.

1. chocojosu
    Skink

chocojosu Member

This thread is so helpful for new players of 8th like me! Thanks guys.

2. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Hey guys (yeah sorry @Scalenex for my absence on the fluff story it's a long story)

I've bought the 8E army book as something fun to read when I finish my exams, although I haven't read the warhammer rules yet, haha.

Just cruising on this every now and again and I had a few questions:

1) what point build is minimum to take a slann? I presume you might not get one at 1000 points

2) how are skroxigor yellow, when skink blocks and kroxigor blocks are green? Adding the two makes both worse does it? (My newb thoughts is it's cool to sneak kroxigor in core point costs, though not overly relevant to my question)

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The minimum army size you can take a Slann at is 1200 points., unless you play End Times hero rules (not many do) then you could take one at 600 points.

My general thoughts are that specialization is good, generalists are bad. Skink Cohorts (sans Kroxigor) are best for tarpits or redirectors. Kroxigor are for killing, especially monsters.

A tarpit doesn't need killing power. A redirector doesn't need killing power. A monster killing unit doesn't need units vulnerable to being thunder stomped.

Lizards of Renown and discomute like this.
  4. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Cool. On the first question, I didn't mean it in a rules sense, I meant it as a tactical question. Would you consider a slann to be purple at 1200?

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

At 1200 points, I consider the Slann to be blue. You can really dominate the magic phase, but if the Slann gets a devastating miscast, you pretty much lose automatically. If you play a Slann is a low points game you are either going to dominate or be crushed with very little in between.

EDIT: You probably want a Scar Veteran too. I would play without a Slann before I play without a BSB

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    discomute likes this.