1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Constellation

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Bowser, Nov 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You are correct. I forgot about this! Don't know that I have added enough for this to be in a lustriapedia, but the progress is complete anyway!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Consider it indexed. I've been catching up on recent and semi-recent fluff pieces and indexing them as I go tonight.

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

So this version of a constellation may not be for you but from this months Short story comp , specifically Sunblood, I was inspired to think of a way to take the traditional Lustria fluff and fold it seemlessly in to the AOS. I was thinking Sun blood was just how the Slann imagined Gor'Rok. But this doesn't have to be the case. This saurus used his body to shield the Slann, let me give him a giant shield and rise him above the ranks. He shall be a Sunblood. He may not recall Tetto'eko but he recalls that it's possible to have a skink riding a palanquin. Maybe his favourite attendant saw things differently from the advisors which changed the outcome of battles. So he remembered her as a starseer. You can describe a new battle and parallel it with an old battle. Find out what it was that made this saurus get remembered by the slann. Have this skink have his own memories, and show how they differ from the Slann's. The same story from two different perspectives. It doesn't necessarily have to be about battles either. Maybe the slann from Blasphemy, another story from Short story comp, remembered
    Bar'quetzl and his attention to detail. He may find him annoying, but remembered him and his dedication to ritual.
    And then have his set in his ways personality show through. Lots of strong story telling devices, which could bring your current story line into the Age of Sigmar. Thoughts, arguments, and criticism is more than welcome.

4. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

You keep finding intriguing possibilities. Do you think that anyone would remember eggshells in the swear-after?

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

They would definitely remember that time they got eggshells in their Quango egg omelette. And possibly the guy who wore the top half of the eggshell as though it were a helmet, inciting arguments over weapon choices and anything else that can cause a divide.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Speaking of divides;
    If the current incarnation of Seraphon are meant to be memories of the Slann, and they gain a consciousness that allows them to break off from the slann plan or be defiant, would you write it as the original soul reclaiming itself, or would it be a sign of the slann having a mental illness with secondary or multiple personalities? Would it become evident to the other seraphon? If so would they all start to gain their own consciousness?

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I think you would have to write it as the soul reclaiming itself or could you say another Slann is taking the soul of that Seraphon?, I think if you go down the route of the Slann having an illness or multiple personalities your heading into a dead end story wise.

8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

However it could be a splitting persinality slann, and then the ensuing uprising cold be another slann fighting back to save his colleague or destroy him. Could lead to a climax and be a fluff for seraphon v. Seraphon tabletop game. May have to write it up in a short story to explain it better.

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Could it be a Slann that has lost concentration and his memory of his constellation causing his Seraphon to reclaim their living form becoming mortal again, other Slann hear of this Slann that is breaking the very foundation of the system so they goto war against him.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.