1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff The Dragon Isles, Og-Cizin Last spawn of Zarmuda, The Red Saurus

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Theakrus, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Theakrus
    Jungle Swarm

Theakrus New Member

Lizardmen Sub-Faction

Primal Lizardmen - The Forgotten

Forward

Hello,

I am Theakrus and this is my “The Forgotten” Lizardmen Subfaction race plan. I am one of the creator of a few of WH3 monogod Chaos Warrior mods (currently on workshop) as well as a few other popular pieces. I am also a writer in the process of having a series of short stories published. I have spent some time on this forum but never made an account and considering what I am working on I thought it was time to bring this idea/plan to the attention of this "I-Lustri-ous" community. Please read the entirety of the content plan before commenting or contacting me. I am seeking partners interested in the design, creation and implementation of this subfaction.

The Story of the Dragon Isles & The Rise of The Forgotten

By Theakrus

Of all the jungles in the old world the Dragon Isles are the most shrouded in mystery. Those who sail too close to its misty shores seldom return, for a combination of violent currents, jagged rocks & shallow coral reefs sink all those who do not sail the cursed waters with the utmost caution. Prometheans and Sea-Dragons are common sights in the waters surrounding the isles, the carcasses of those ships not prepared to fend them off are strewn across the many reefs. Those who land upon the bone-strewn black sand beaches are at the threshold of a world of primeval monsters isolated for time immemorial. Occasionally there are the signs of other races that have attempted settling upon the isle, but all have perished, overgrown structures and streaks of darkened blood the only indication they had ever been there. The Isles are notorious for the elusive Colossadons hunt above the high cliffs of Dread Rock. Most simply refer to Colossadons as “Great Wyrms”, with many speculating them being the source of the Isles name. These large aerial predators frequently contend with the island's Carnosaurs when not hunting smaller prey, and rumor has it Saurus have been seen riding them.

Much like the creatures of the isles, the Lizardmen have changed in their isolation. The denizens of the festering jungles are savage tribal warriors and hunters clad in armor of bone. After centuries without the leadership of the Slaan the Saurus have taken over rulership of the isles in a violent struggle with the skink priesthood. Tribal shamanism has replaced the worship of the Old Ones and skinks have become slaves to their saurus overlords.

Og-Cizin

Far off the eastern coast of Lustria used to stand the great temple city of Zarmuda, commonly referred to as the City of Tides. Three great ziggurats used to tower over the jungle canopy of the island arranged in a triangle with the great geomantic nexus responsible for controlling the oceans at their center. The last Temple Guard spawning of Zarmuda gave rise to a peculiar Saurus known as Og-Cizin. For a Temple Guard this saurus was not exceedingly large but had a certain viciousness and cunning that far exceeded that of his peers. This combined with a series of peculiar physical traits such as longer teeth, webbed digits and sharp raised dorsal spines only served to make him stand out in his spawning. In battle his savagery was unmatched by any, so ferocious and brutal was he that many referred to him as the Red Saurus, a byname he embraced by dobbing his scales in red paint before battle.

After countless victories the day of Og-Cizin’s ascension to Revered Guardian was at hand, however when he knelt before the Slaan the sky turned red, and the sea churned, frothing unnaturally under the bloody sky. The high winds carried the tainted ozone of warp energies and from the waves giant tentacles of shadow rose from the depths to fall upon the city, ruin had come to Zarmuda. The immense expenditure of warp energies in such close proximity to the geomantic nexus caused a magical backlash that opened tears into the fabric of reality. Og-Cizin, whether by uncanny chance or fate, fell into one of these tears, only to be deposited in a storm-wracked ocean half the world away. Alone he washed up on the coast of the Dragon Isles, his ceremonial helmet cracked asunder and his armor claimed by the sea. He departed the beach and wandered into the mired jungle, drawn by some internal compass until he found an ancient ziggurat overgrown with a crowd of Saurus and Kroxigor gathered at its base. Above them skinks lounged atop the surrounding favelas attended by Saurus and Kroxigor alike. Skink priests in faded robes, ragged feather headdresses and tarnished jewelry sacrificed saurus upon a stone altar at its zenith and called out crude prayers to the old ones. There were no Slaan here, they would not allow this. With no Slaan Og-Cizin had no purpose, he was the last of his spawn in a far off land where his people teetered on the precipice of collapse and absolute barbarism. Centuries of eroding practices, pointless sacrifices and failed spawnings had put the otherwise subservient saurus into a state of bubbling contention with the ruling skink priesthood. The Priests vehemently shunned Og-Cizin, possibly seeing him as a threat to their charade of control. With his failure plain upon his brow in the form of his broken ceremonial helmet Og-Cizin disappeared into the dark mire ridden jungle of the Dragon Isles.

Little is known of Og-Cizin's doings during this time, but what is known is that the Red Saurus returned to Dread Rock clad in armor of bone and dobbed in bloody war paint paint atop a great Colossadon in the hour of need. He landed upon the roof of the temple and the Great Colossadon plucked the dumb struck priest from beside the sacrifical alter shaking the skink savagley in it’s maw of needle teeth and depositing him before the top most step. Og-Cizin descended from the beasts back, walking past the horrified skinks and released the saurus upon the altar from it’s bonds. He stooped low at the top step and with one claw gnarled hand picked up the broken and dying priest by its bloody neck. With the denizens of Dread Rock enthralled by the scene taking place atop the temple Og-Cizin cast the body down its bloody steps. The saurus roared and below him they climbed the lower sanctums and favelas throwing down the confused and terrified skinks from the roofs. With the local skink population under claw Og-Cizin has set his eyes on freeing the rest of the saurus in the isles and restoring the spawning pools.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to the forum!

I'm interested to see where you go with this homebrew. Do you want to post in the Introductions thread for everyone to say hi?

LoR

Theakrus, Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Hey there and welcome to the forum!

I enjoyed the story, interested to see where it'll go. Also curious where this will go in general, especially as someone else who has written and has expressed interests in the Dragon Isles. Especially when it comes to Thunder Lizards.

I am confused here though - What is a Mortedon? And was he riding that creature or a Great Colossadon? They sound like two different creatures to me.

- Suds

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Theakrus
    Jungle Swarm

Theakrus New Member

Apologies, there was an edit I needed to make. I just reviewed, thanks for seeing that.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.