1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. The lizardmen "killer-block"

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Caneghem, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

So I was thinking today.. with the Slann being able to raise things back from the dead, and with the added miscast protection from Lore of Life, I was wondering about what kind of dirty nasty Temple Guard block could be made. Here's what I came up with...

Lord
    Slann (Lore of Life) - BSB, Standard of Bloodlust - Cupped hands of the old Ones, Ruby Ring of Destruction - Rumination, Mystery, Unfathomable Presence

Heroes
    Skink Priest Lvl 2 (Heavens) - Cloak of Feathers, Plaque of Tepok

Core
    Saurus Warriors x 18 - muso, standard
    Skinks x 24 with 2 Krox - Full command
    Skink Skirmishers x 10
    Skink Skirmishers x 10
    Skink Skirmishers x 10

Special
    Terradons x 4
    Temple Guard x 16 - Revered Guardian equipped with golden seal sword (can't wait to convert that), Unit standard has blade standard, musician

Rare
    Salamander with 4 handlers
    Salamander with 4 handlers
    Ancient Stegadon

The unit of Temple Guard rerolls all misses, hitting at strength 5 armor piercing, like an organ gun :) They also have a 4+ ward against magical damage (Unfathomable Presence), and can be buffed with regen or toughness from the lore of life. They are going to run 6 wide, so they will be making 14 attacks, or 16 if the Slann gets pushed back to rank 3. The champion hits at strength 4, but with initiative of 10. The idea is he challenges out anything that charges the unit and gets to strike first, with 3 attacks str 4 armor piercing and rerolling for hits. If he does one wound and then gets wiped out... no worries at all! The lore of life spell can keep bringing him back to life at will. And of course, if he kills any heroes in challenges that tacks on another 50 victory points.. pretty awesome! I favor him against basic heroes if it so happens that the Slann has put any of the lore of life buffs on the unit. Miscasting shouldn’t be a huge problem, with cupped hands, the life lore caster buff, and the fact that once the combat is joined the Slann probably won’t be rolling whole heaps of dice.

Pretty solid magic phase, the Slann has the fireball ring just so he can have a good solid flaming spell, to take out flammable targets and regenerating nasties like the abomination and hydra. I wonder if throwing more dice at the bound fireball can allow casting the improved versions of the spell? I imagine it is just the basic d6 str 4.

The rest of the list is pretty standard, if a little smaller than normal. Let me know what you think.

2. kamikazi180
    Skink

kamikazi180 New Member

Pretty solid TG unit there, just one problem: The Slann is ALWAYS put in the second rank, and cannot be in the 3rd,4th etc. Also, you COULD combine some of the Skink units to make a Horde. :D

3. raptor8610
    Skink

raptor8610 New Member

Where is the info for the banner of bloodlust?

4. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Hehe, well Bloodlust was rumored to be a reroll hits banner, now that the book is out we know it is actually a reroll charge distance banner.

Sorry, I posted this based on speculation, don't trust any posts made before July 10.

5. Slothmasta
    Skink

Slothmasta New Member

It was one of the banner's proposed in rumours. Also Golden Seal Sword was also the proposed name in rumours. It is actually Gold Sigil Sword in the released book which leads me to believe that the OP is still using the rumours to build the list or some king of translated version?

***EDIT: Woops, OP beat me too it :)