1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Indeed. And now they're even coming after the few successes that they actually managed achieve...

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

DC comics are dying. Ignoring the wokeness, look at the art quality of pregnant joker versus the level of detail of Joker in older comics.

Ultimately, the likely fate is for Warner/Discover to dissolve DC Comics and then rent out DC intellectual property to independent comic artists for a licensing fee.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

How the hell is this filth not being censored? I thought this sort of stuff was purely the domain of fanfiction?

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

What a wasted legacy...

5. Scalenex
    Slann

If the premise of this video is true, Star Wars was killed by a bad artistic decision, not wokeness. Rian Johnson didn't use any woke buzz words, he just made some bad decisions for what he thought was artistic integrity.

There is a theory that woke follows bad things rather than woke causing bad things. "This thing sucks, but at least we can claim it's representative of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity!"

It's like a joke I saw in a sit com. "If you mess up while cooking, cover the mistake with parsley."

(later)

"The customers are asking why you gave them a Chia Pet"

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I would agree in the regard that The Last Jedi's flaws were bad artistic decisions rather than wokeness. The things that wound fans up were superman Leia, killing off Snoke before his links to the Sith of the franchise were unveiled, and turning Luke into Victor Meldrew, none of which were woke, per say, but decisions made to take things in a different direction. Personally I didn't mind Luke being grumpy and realistic, because as most people age they do get less idealistic and more convinced that most things in life cannot be changed. I also liked seeing Leia slap Poe for being dumb, the BSG-esque flight of the Resistance fleet and seeing the Resistance being reduced to a small handful of survivors, but I agree that a lot of the other decisions made were bad moves.

However, let us not forget that the mess was started by The Farce Awakens just being a woke reinterpretation of Episode IV, with a female 'Luke' being able to take on the predominantly male bad guys with far greater ease than Luke ever did, without any training, and the only male characters on the good side being incompetent in one way or another (Finn's character arc being wasted, Poe being the typical pig-headed flyboy, Han playing second-fiddle to Rey when knowing the Millennium Falcon's own mechanics). In Star Wars' case, bad things followed wokeness, not the other way round. Everyone says how Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy were in kahoots to try and sabotage Star Wars, but Abrams was clearly just as bad, otherwise Episode VII wouldn't have been woke and it wouldn't have set a precedence for VIII and IX to be woke as well.

It was J.J. Abrams who began the wokeness in the Star Wars universe, and he is the one I blame first and foremost for Star Wars' downfall (alongside Kathleen Kennedy of course :mad:).

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I believe that in the vast majority of cases that is simply untrue. The agenda comes first. We've seen it time and time again. They already have that mindset before starting work on a film. These people aren't pretending or putting up a protective facade, they live and breath this stuff. Nothing is more important to them than "the message".

8. Scalenex
    Slann

I used to think Warner/Discovery was the lone voice of reason among major media companies.

No more.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I have one theory which may be plausible. They might simply be saying all this stuff before the release of Flash in hopes of recouping some of the huge amount of money they invested in it. Afterwards, they can just as easily get rid of Ezra (or keep him in the highly unlikely event the film is a massive success).

There would be little point of announcing his departure prior to the release of the Flash movie. That would instantly doom the box office hopes of the film. Even if you knew you were getting rid of him, you'd wait until you've made back whatever money you can from the movie. I know they outright binned the Batwoman movie, but I think that was a much smaller investment, and also had very little chance of earning back any significant portion of its money. The Flash likely has more money sunk into it and stands a better chance of earning back a higher percentage of its investment (as compared to Batwoman), even if it goes on to be a failure.

Of course, it could be equally true that my speculation above turns out to be just that, speculation, and they are being honest when they say they are keeping Miller. In which case, that seems pretty nonsensical. People love Henry Cavill. Why keep Miller over him?

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Yes, that theory has been brought forth before. It makes sense. Still, I believe it is bad optics though given current events, to quote Nightbringer.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I am more likely to give Warner my money and pay for a ticket for Flash if they admitted "We are getting rid of Ezra, but the movie is still watchable."

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think you'd be in the minority. It would be box office suicide to announce that Ezra is being let go.

12. Scalenex
    Slann

I think you are right. In which case Warner's decision is not a good decision, but financially speaking they probably chose the least bad one they had available.

It is just annoying/maybe a little funny that the spin doctoring is "Hey Ezra Miller has managed to go almost two months without being accused of a new horrific crime, so we are going to give Ezra another chance!"

For about two months straight, Ezra was getting one new arrest or accusation a week, but admittedly Ezra hasn't done anything new that is bad in a while. Progress!

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Indeed. That is assuming that they do get rid of him afterwards. If they are being genuine, then it is the worst decision.

The dude is a freak and a menace. Definitely has a couple of screws loose.

Meanwhile, they get rid of Cavill.

14. Scalenex
    Slann

I disagree with calling Ezra Miller, "him" not because I agree with alternate pronouns, I usually prefer to dispense with pronouns, I'm not going to call Ezra Miller "they" because Ezra Miller is one person but I'm not going to call Ezra Miller "he/him" because I am tired of men being referred to by gender neutral terms when they are being heroic and productive, and are clearly identified as men when they are committing crimes.

I oppose wokeness, but I oppose misandry even more. If Wokeness is Palpatine, Misandry is the Dark Side of the Force.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Misandry is definitely a thing, just as misogyny is a thing. Both offences are as bad as one another, as an egalitarian I can see this as clearly as day. Of course, modern institutions in their enslavement by female supremacist movements wish to inflict a double standard that is the reverse of the 19th and previous Centuries by hiding the existence of one of these offences.

It's time the silent majority made its presence felt once again.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

[​IMG]

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

as long as the silent majority stops being silent and finds its voice...

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

19. Scalenex
    Slann

It probably won't, but...

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann