1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The sunken city...

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by KroxigorsFTW, Jul 19, 2009.

1. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Does anyone know what actually happened to the sunken city when it sunk? And about its populace? I know lots were killed in the tsunami-like wave after the city hit water, but there's an obscure referance to adapting and being kinda shark-like.

In the WoC army book there is another obscure referance... about the city "rising up" in the middle of a fleet and the "city's scaly, web fingered inhabitants." Now this does imply it is somehow inhabited by adapted saurus (there's no way skinks could fight a CC battle by themselves against WoC.)

My theroy is that: It actually seems like it might be a kind of unintended (well, atleast for the lizardmen) anti-fleet protection thing ie: poping up in a fleet like they did and taking care of most of the fleets. I have no idea how they'd adapt or anything, but that's why i made this thread.

So can people post their theros about it/anything they know about the sunken city and its imhabitant, please?

2. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

When the city sunk the inhabitants ganged up with everybody's favorite Old One Cthuluhu who took them on a buccaneering spree across the seas of the world?

I don't know, but I find the idea of that sunken city moving about beneath the waves as a gigantic submarine quite pleasing. Exactly where in the WoC book is the passage you are referring to?

3. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Its the bottom of page 38, in the history section... unfortunatly (Caution SPOILER) the Scorcerors bombed it with a comet... although it was only a "pyramid"

4. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

me, I say skink/kroxi units. Aren't kroxigor aquatic too?

or just waves of kroxigor =D chaos warrior that =D

5. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Wow, 2 posts in 1 day, i feel lucky!

Yeah, but i was thinking that something'd have to adapt... OMG i just got an awesome idea, underwater jungle swarms...

6. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

]
    I saw somewhere someone doing a themed army on this city. It was all undead, with half rotted skinks and bloated stegadons with entrails falling out of their guts. and other not so nice stuff =D

was actually pretty impressive looking, but can't recall the link

7. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

It would be great if you could perhaps dig up that link! I'd really love to see this army.

Oh and Kroxi, if you are interested in water theme, check out one of our new members conversions:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/sacred-host-of-ynetski-venerable-slann-mage-priest.1808/

Very cool!

8. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2297875/

*whistles innocently at the origin site* The first one's an undead skink.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2297883

And the modded Stegadon.

THESE ARE NOT MINE! I've got a crazy, 'rainbow' theme myself, with every model sporting different scales and shades (mix of the 'sacred marks' fluff and the thought of Huatl using regiments gathered from all the other cities until the spawning pools are 'brought online', so to speak =D )

I'll have some pics of mine hopefully in a week or two, once I finish my first pack of skinks. 4 down, 8 to go...

But yeah, I like this person's idea though. If you're on the forum here, hope you don't mind the linking. if so, just PM me and I'll clear it.

9. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Wow, I am afraid I know of that site. And I am very aware I shouldnt open it at work, lol. In fact, I'm a little apprehensive about opening it at all! Please tell me the links are 'clean'. I'm very interested in seeing the zombified lizardmen, but not if it means what furaffinity usually means.

(One of my ex's has scarred me for life) :depressed:

10. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

The links are clean. Anything and everything else though I claim no responsibility for loss of SAN points or other mental damage. If you're not logged in though, 99% of the scaryness shouldn't show up. But the only source of the pics I know of.

11. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Wow.... those LM look fantatic! I wonder if the old ones pay attention to them...or if they have spawningpools that function....
    Thanks for the link, Snowy.
    Now i feel lucky... =D

12. DonkeyHotep
    Temple Guard

DonkeyHotep New Member

Back in the old days you could mark saurus with the blessed spawing of Tzunki and they suddenly became aquatic. Mostly devastating if you were in a campaign game and you could have an entire army march across the freaking ocean or just chill out inside huge lakes and tell armies with any chariots to go hump a cactus. No stegadons, but ey, whatchoo ganna do?

13. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

They also got +1 I. I do definatly miss spawnings.

It'd suck if someone themed an army with it, after the poor ocupants of the sunken city.... only to have the spawnings dissapear.