1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thoughts on Regiments of Renown and will we get an Army of Renown?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Kilvakar, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

I personally am happy to see them bringing back the idea of the old Dogs of War and Regiments of Renown into AoS. I'm curious to see if anyone thinks running any of the current RoRs in a Seraphon army would be worth it, and do you think there's a chance we might get an army of renown like Trugg's Troggherd in the future?

2. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

I've contemplated the idea of nogrim's rune throng to have a priest in the army, but its lack of movement is a huge deficit 4" move ouch. I suppose soulbridge would kind of be necessary to get them somewhere. I miss a mobile priest cursing the world!! If we had enough shooting threat we could draw armies to us, but i just don't see enough firepower. I'm probably fence sitting until i decide to start a new army. RoR has to be a win win in the realm of i like to collect several armies.

3. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Great now i have my head down a dwarf's throat trying to find out what makes him tick......
    but you gave me an idea. I'll let you know if the math works.

4. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

An old idea i had when the book first came out ,but with points changes i can hit the 4 spawn 4 steggy. Seventeen multi dmg shots with threat range of 22" nine more single dmg shots at 19 ", four chotecs gives pretty good odds one will hit so they shoot first to get a target then rain hellfire on the lucky candidate. yeah i may get norgrimm's rune throng.Couple tester online tabletop sims maybe see how it runs. The list was missing mid tier shooting(skinks=garbage) i saw rune throng but, the math didnt work out to get my wish until points changes. Thanks.

- Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy: Repel Corruption
    - Triumphs:
    LEADERS
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140) * General*
    - Command Trait: Thickly Scaled Hide
    - Nullstone Adornment: Hand-carved Nullstone Icon

Runelord - Norgrimm's Rune Throng (340)*

UNITS
    1 x Spawn of Chotec (120)
    10 x Irondrakes - Norgrimm's Rune Throng (0)*
    10 x Longbeards - Norgrimm's Rune Throng (0)*
    Stegadon (260)
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    Stegadon (260)
    Stegadon (260)
    Stegadon (260)

Always the option for sob carny, drop a steggy or drop astro and a chotec. might want the better chance to fire glob

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  5. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Sounds pretty fun! Seraphon used to rely a lot on shooting in the older book, this could be a fun way to try to relive the old TL shooty days :)

The Rune Throng also seems like a pretty fun "The enemy doesn't get this objective for at least 2 turns" addition, with of course more shooting.

The new Look Out, Sir! rules will make sniping heroes a lot harder, but with that many Salamanders you should have a pretty high chance of proccing that -1 to save on key units and bring them down with Stegadon bows.

6. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

oh i sneaky rend boost with and additional attack on the longbeards with a fiery glob. yummy the dwarves seem solid af on objectives

Kilvakar likes this.
  7. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

real question is will it bring the enemy in... because if i have to move to them i have a problem. Its actually a mock up of my ogor army leadbelcher ironblaster list. it moves people for sure funny to give up first turn, but the look on peoples faces when they realize they can't sit on the objectives without grievous heavy loses is stellar .Pyric victory. Its a late game army.

Kilvakar likes this.
  8. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Yeah, old Thunder Lizard was just that, a late-game army. You wouldn't rush forward to camp the objectives first turn, you would spend 1-2 turns dealing damage then move in to mop up. I'd be very interested to hear how that list ends up playing :)