1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderlizards vs Slaves to Darkness

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by chefofwar, Sep 21, 2021.

1. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

This was my 2nd 3.0 game. the first being the same match up that we reracked due to some terrible tactics on my behalf that led to calling it after turn 1.

For sure messed up some strategies, but learned a bunch and got a feel for the army. This army list is for an event in a couple weeks. 99% based on available painted models, so not really much to swap around. Only have x3 kroxigor to really play around with.

https://www.figma.com/proto/sXMDoe4...g=scale-down&starting-point-node-id=420:21383

Pros
    • Engine of the Gods + emerald life swarm = lasted forever, came back from 11 wound deficit, and tied up the center for the whole game
    • Kroak: helped secure the comeback off the double turn and blew stuff up, survived multiple combats
    • Bastiladon: double shooting put constant hurt
    • Cogs: buffed kroak to be able to spam x3, comets, and heal or mystic shield casting

Cons
    • scar vet on carnosaur: I don't know how to play this piece. I sent it on a mission, and it did that mission, but doesn't do crap for damage and doesn't have the defense of a stegadon.
    • I am considering just using it behind the cavalry to buff them with the CA, and then just do mop up duties and hopefully an opponent thinks it is scarier than it actually is.
    • always save a CP for bravery checks on salamanders, they cant battle shock at all
    • alpha pack battalion is getting swapped out, was just messing around with that
    Considerations
    • move my general from the scar vet to the engine of the gods
    • Basically always plan to just hold back and wait for developments, planning to alpha something or stick an opponent in their zone doesn't work well, seraphon is too fragile to be able to get that to stick.

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  2. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

You use the carno as a cheap gamble piece to more or less do a huge spike of damage

chefofwar likes this.
  3. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am moving the general to the Engine of the gods, then using the carno, screened by knights to be a little strike team or just threaten.

4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

You also have the carno as a general so you can get Prime warbeast. Unless you have it on chief on stegadon