1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Over the last three or four days, I finished a squad (five models) of Genestealer Cult Acolyte Hybrids. I also did a couple of Skaven clanrats, just to test Krylon matte varnish over Contrast paints.

2. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Ever since getting recent notification that Anvil Industry was releasing the STL files for their new light mech that's really giving me Titanfall vibes (not helped at all by having built that Ghostkeel stealthsuit earlier), I've had the gears turning in my head to use a squadron or two of the things as sentinels in my Imperial Guard collection. I'm at the point where I cannot pass up that opportunity if given the chance, while at the same time not really in a position to do so with my upcoming deployment that will have me limited to what I bring with me.

Setting aside my new-found desire to build the Imperial Guard equivalent to a Tau battlesuit army, I've got my stack of model kits ready to go for said deployment, most of which being Age of Sigmar:
    • Aelf Archmage on horse
    • Fenrisian Wolves
    • Freeguild General on horse
    • Freeguild Swordsmen
    • Tzaangor Enlightened
    • Tzaangors
    • Tau Battlesuit Commander
    • Gloomspite Fanatics
    • Tau Fire Warriors
    • Tau Fireblade
    • Chaos Hellblade to use as Primaris Lightning for Night Lords (Horus Heresy)
    • High Queen Khalida
    • Chaos Space Marine Raptors
    • Kurnoth Hunters
    • Mk IV Assault Squad for Night Lords (Horus Heresy)
    • Mk IV Destroyer Squad for Night Lords (Horus Heresy)
    • Ogre Maneater (Ninja)
    • Skaven Clanrats
    • Skeleton Warriors
    • Throgg
    • All remaining Van Saar models for Necromunda
    I'm sure I can dredge up more infantry to preoccupy my free time with both building and painting, or even tap into the Black Seas models I've yet to build.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Did some more instruction with my wife on 8th Edition last night :)

I'm going to start logging her best quotes from this period:

#1 (when being indoctrinated on the magic phase and dice rolls for casting) "so you're telling me sometimes the wizards can't even cast their own spells?!"

Given in a tone of mild outrage. Absolutely brilliant :D

4. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Last night, I finished a vampire or necromancer for my Oathmark Undead kingdom.
    20210123_110002.jpg

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

looks good man. I'm hyped for the new vamps

6. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'm hyped as well. That new warband is on my "buy the day it's released" list.

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  7. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I finished a model that's been sitting around for a bit, then worked on GC neophyte hybrids.
    20210126_153049.jpg
    This will probably end up as my ranger for a Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign I hope to start with my daughter.

8. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

As part of an upcoming deployment, I'm holed up in a hotel room for two weeks as part of quarantine. What better time to build models! :D

20210126_173918.jpg

These dawi hail from a Greywater Fastness box, and are meant for generic fantasy RPG minis as opposed to a dedicated dwarf army. Before quarantine, I passed off the gyrobomber from the kit to my gaming group's dedicated Dwarf player.

JPEG_20210126_180303.jpg

Maybe the start of an army from Grand Alliance Nagash? Again, largely bought for tabletop RP purposes, though I may expand on it depending on whether or not we get a dedicated Vampire faction in AoS that isn't just a Blood Knight subfaction list.

9. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Yesterday evening I got some time to work on two Ardboys, one is almost finished(just weathering to go) and one needs highlights and weathering
    For pictures check my blog.

Grrr, Imrahil

10. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Spent part of my day building cardstock terrain, mostly ruined buildings for use in Rangers of Shadow Deep.

11. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Well, got a 6-Tzaangor warband built out of a box I had previously cannibalized for other projects (used 4 sets of legs for the elite fighters in my Corvus Cabal Warcry warband). 1 Twistbray with shield, 1 two-headed mutant, 2 tzaangors with savage greatblades, 1 tzaangor with shield, and 1 tzaangor dual-wielding savage blades. Again, more for tabletop RP miniatures than for wargaming, though another box would allow me to build up a proper unit of 15, and I could MacGuyver together a Warcry warband out of them as is.

Next are some skyfires and an enlightened (aviarch) out of one box.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Today I'm gonna get a large bunch of various chaos sprues, with unused bits on them. Time to start thinking possible uses (implement my chaos Knight army, or create some chaos terrains); it largely depends on what there will really be attached on the sprues...

13. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Almost completed my bloodbowl necromantic team. Just the werwolves to paint and then finish the bases. That may take a while as I want to put them on a display base, so have to work out basing to fit in with the look.

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

15. Imrahil
    Slann

16. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I ran my wife, sister-in-law, and daughter through the first scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep. They enjoyed it and want to play again!

17. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

2 skyfires, 1 enlightened aviarch, and 3 Kurnoth Hunters later, I've returned to the rats again, this time all the stuff I ordered from Punga Miniatures a while back:

20210131_211428.jpg

I kind of lament not bringing any small oval bases to build the warp-thrower or warplock jezzails I got, but the rest I'll be able to complete:
    • 20 gutter runners
    • 20 globadiers
    • 1 grey seer (making him my 2nd grey seer model)
    • 1 deathmaster (making him my 3rd deathmaster model)
    • 1 Blood Bowl Apothecary
    • 1 Blood Bowl Assistant Coach
    Despite them being made of resin, I actually like working on them for a change.

18. Imrahil
    Slann

That is awesome!! It is great to be able to enjoy the hobby with your family. Have fun!

Grrr, Imrahil

Padre likes this.
  19. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

20210202_154349.jpg
    Built and finished these over the last couple days. They are some objective markers for RoSD scenario involving giant spiders.

20. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

There we have it: outside of the weapons teams, the Punga skaven models are now done being built.

20210203_010600.jpg