1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Worked a little on the thatched roof and made a test piece for painting.
    Will paint this up soon(hopefully)

Grrr, Imrahil

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Bought another issue of Wargames Illustrated today, as this month’s issue comes with a sprue of Warlord Games’ Ancient Greek Hoplites:
    9DB1E2C6-B084-4ACC-BBBE-E719EE54D28B.jpeg
    These’ll be great as Mercenary Hoplites in SPQR.

Talking of SPQR, the issue has an article that will be discussing the upcoming Revised Edition of the game that Warlord are working on. Rather than a new edition this is going to be essentially the original game altered slightly to make gameplay less confusing and a bit more streamlined, which is fine, though I do hope Warlord will release some sort of PDF with all the changes in it or something, as I only got the original rulebook just over a year ago and I don’t really want to buy another one...

Imrahil likes this.
  3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

A little map I doodled on the side while building miniatures in quarantine.

20210204_074657.jpg

Largely just playing around with the idea of a potential fantasy RP setting focusing on this pseudo-Mediterranean region, on a world that rotates retrograde (sun rises in the west, sets in the east).

4. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Last night, I got about 5 Skaven clanrats done and did a test run of a miniatures game I'm designing based on one of my favorite RPGs.

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

That sounds great. Which RPG if I may ask?

Grrr, Imrahil

6. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Torg Eternity. One of the better multigenre RPGs out there. Earth is invaded by alternate realities to steal its Possibility Energy. (Except, it's not exactly Earth, it's the earth of action movies. Die Hard is a documentary.) Imagine a roleplaying game where your party consists of Tarzan, Legolas, Lara Croft, The Shadow, and Dr. Van Helsing. In the first session you running from dinosaurs in the ruins of New York, in the next you're fighting off Pulp Era superheroes to save the Ark of the Covenant in the world of Indiana Jones, and in the third you're escaping from the Spanish Inquisition on the Matrix. It's a lot of fun.

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Never heared of it but going on your describtion it sounds great :)

Grrr, Imrahil

Padre likes this.
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

I finished my Ironskull's Boys today
    Now starting work on the Warchanter.

Grrr, Imrahil

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Did the next 8th Edition training session with my wife. During our practice sessions she's been playing Lizardmen and is starting to gain some affinity for them. She really likes the Skinks, liked the idea of the Great Plan and really liked the fact that the race was engineered and created to fight and destroy Chaos.

(Which now that I say it should have been included in their rules with bonuses against DoC and WoC...)

10. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

It is. You can buy the main rulebook on DrivethruRPG. They are also running a crowdfunding campaign on gameontabletop right now for their sixth cosm, or invading realm.

Edit: Relevance to LustriaOnline- Torg is one of the few RPGs that allows lizardmen to be played right out of the box.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  11. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I finished the first of my Ironjawz Brutes last night, as well as 5 more Skaven. I also helped my daughter build 2 frostgrave soldiers for her to paint.

12. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Spent yesterday designing a solo map based campaign for whatever system you want to play it in. The only issue I'm having right now is figuring out a good AI for the opposing armies. I want to use it for Oathmark, but you can adapt it for KoW, WHFB, Dragon Rampant, AoS, or any other system you can think of.

13. Imrahil
    Slann

14. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Painted a bugbear yesterday and a halfling rogue today, getting ready for a DnD intro game for my nieces and nephew this weekend. I think I need to paint an elf wizard too, but that's just a matter of pulling one out of the closet.

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  15. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Another training session last night with my wife.

This time I took her through each of the Lizardmen troops and characters, with each model laid out and giving strengths and weaknesses.

I'm designing some drills now to get to learn the basic rules by heart :)

Imrahil likes this.
  16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Picking up a classic saga for the first time.

20210219_063817.jpg

I only have the first omnibus, but so far it's been an addictive read.

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Did more drilling with my wife last night, this time was basic list building instructions. Getting closer and closer each time to do a proper battle with no guidance from me :D

She also got me this T-shirt, which I TOTALLY love :D

IMG_20210220_111018.jpg

(make sure you read the fine print ;) )

18. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I'm painting a unit of Beasts of Nurgle proxies (Daemon Plague Toads) in my painting blog and saw these guys for fairly cheap on Ebay, so they've been ordered. Brings me up to 6 beast proxies, not sure how many I'll get in the end...

s-l500 2.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 3.jpg

19. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Just finished reading Skavenslayer today. Good God did the interactions between Thanquol and Co amuse me to no end: he's like the rat version of Skeletor. :D

Kind of helped along by the voice acting role of BRIAN BLESSED as Gotrek in the audio books and in TWWH2, I can't read his lines without that glorious bombastic mental impression. Felix on the other hand amusingly got an effeminate German Euro-trash voice when I started reading the omnibus on account of Gotrek wearing the pants in their relationship.

20. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Well, the roleplaying game this weekend got canceled as I think my nieces had too much homework and then my wife was a little under the weather on Sunday. But it gives me time to experiment with making some dungeon tiles. I have a 3x3 block done and 4 2x3 blocks in process. Now I just need to find some time to do more.

Lizards of Renown likes this.