1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Ordered this beauty off my favourite source of second-hand Warhammer books about a week ago and it arrived today (Shipped a bit late but better late than never)! Very good condition, and only cost me £18!

IMG_20211022_190340.jpg

Time to start gathering the Warherd in earnest!

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Keep us posted with pics!

3. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Nice! Are you going all GW models or are going to use other lines?

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Mostly GW models, given that pretty much all of the non-character models are still there and pretty affordable given they were made in the Fantasy era when things were cheaper, but I’ve also noticed Raven Twin have made some really good 3D-printable Beastmen. The only thing is that, as I don’t have a printer of my own, they’re significantly more expensive to buy from third-party printers than GW models, so I’ll be sticking with GeeDubs for the time being. I’m currently working on the Start Collecting Box I bought for them back in January.

However, there will be a fair few kitbashes and conversions for units they either don’t make or make in Finecast, so stay tuned!

Padre, Noxolotl and Imrahil like this.
  5. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Sounds cool! I've been tempted to try to put an army together using Frostgrave gnolls as gors and ungors, with some conversions and proxies for the rest of it. We'll see if I ever have time.

6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Yesterday it was game night again.
    We managed to play two scenarios this time.

The first was 'Lost in Battle' in which I again needed to rescue a Hero of mine from the captors.

Ther was a lot of tactical moving, fighting and magic attacks to get my guy out to freedom. And I got the win.

20211028_210956.jpg 20211028_212110.jpg 20211028_213819.jpg

In the round up after the battle my brother lost a hero permanantly and gained a new warrior. I gained a hero plus a horse for my Scorcerer.

The second scenario was 'kill the messenger'. We bith nominated one of our models as the messenger (in secret) and fought an all out battle (untill 25% of ones starting army remained). If your messenger is still alive and the opponent's isn't you win and vice versa. Any other result is a draw.
    Again the dice gods were in my favor and I wiped my brother's army from the table.

20211028_222639.jpg 20211028_222714.jpg 20211028_224211.jpg 20211028_232842.jpg

In the end he lost another hero and I gained a new knight and warrior.
    So overall it wasn't really his night, but he enjoyed it anyway.

Grrr, Imrahil

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Yesterday I finally pushed my brother far enough. He is starting his own MESBG army :happy:

Guess who is doing his first painting commission? :D

Grrr, Imrahil

Noxolotl and Aginor like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am slooowly working on my Kurnoth Hunters.

Also finished my Blood Bowl Lizards. Pics on my blog soon.

Noxolotl and Imrahil like this.
  9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Stared more at my unfinished Hierotitan... :oops:

Noxolotl likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Completed my Necron Overlord, now I'm gonna build the Nighthaunt endless spells

Overlord 1.jpg

11. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

This is a great paint job, signore!

12. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Today, I worked a bit more on building my daughter's sylvaneth. I'm alsonquietly plotting out a narrative freeplay game for her, using the sylvaneth, some of my free cities troops and possibly some Stormcast against my orcs, goblins, and skaven at various points. The plot would be about going out into the wilderness in the realm of life and establishing a new free city.

Noxolotl likes this.
  13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Not Warhammer per say, but I lit a fire under my roleplaying group while GMing a Fallout GURPS session tonight. For context, the campaign is set in Toronto about the time of Fallout 2, and the player characters are pre-war human popsicles from a vault with some parallels to 4's Vault 111.

During the session, a runner belonging to a friendly local faction gave them a communique from their leader, detailing a plan to secure and potentially restore the old Molson Brewery due east of Pearson International Airport, with a number of valid reasons as to why the faction couldn't commit to doing it themselves but would like to see it happen regardless. I hadn't even gotten to mentioning the rationale behind it (apart from the fact it was delivered by a runner rather than via radio, which is its own plot hook) when two of the three available players started rolling their Alcoholic and Greed checks (with predictable results :D), so now the party is committed to making this happen.

Thus far, progress has taken them from their homestead of Fort Myers (a now-fortified farmstead in what used to be Mississauga) to Highway 427 and up to Overpass Hell (less than a kilometer from both the brewery and the airport), which in itself provided a couple of interesting side attractions.

The first was a raider camp on their way to the 427, then guarded by only four sentries since the rest were off doing what raiders typically do. The party did their usual shock and awe recruitment pitch (in this case, blitz the first two guys with SMG fire and offer the surviving remainder a better life at Fort Myers if they surrender), then proceeded to prepare a most explosive welcome for the returning raiders involving four claymore anti-personnel mines (they had salvaged these from a would-be car bomb in a previous session), a gun trap consisting of two shotguns and two pistols, a baseball grenade, and a proper frag. After turning nearly all of the returning raiders (including their leader, who tripped the whole thing) into bloody salsa, they once again offered the same proposition to the last guy who now has a case of shellshock from watching his buddies get blown up, and so gained three new settlers and two pack brahmins. The park ranger among the PCs tried to make himself look tough in front of the raiders, though, apart from threatening to carve someone's ribcage into a canoe, the raiders weren't convinced by his relatively intact park ranger attire and Smokey the Bear mannerisms.

The second was the ruins of a Chinese restaurant on the other side of a ditch from the highway. Not much to say here as it looked pretty ransacked and neglected, though they managed to find a bowl of perfectly preserved fortune cookies still in their original packaging. One of the PCs decided to pluck the top one, open it up and read his fortune. It read: "Your future will be bright and sunny."

The third was specifically at Overpass Hell, which due to both the initial blast shockwave and subsequent 160 years of deterioration left few of the overpasses standing, and rather the place could be better described as Hell's Teeth due to their supports remaining the most structurally sound parts. The same PC who read his "fortune" earlier opted to climb the tallest of these supports in hopes of getting a lay of the nearby land, and discovered that it had once been used as a hunting roost for a bit. From there, he could see the brewery, its parking lot (in which seven feral ghouls were found), the airport, a partially ruined motorcycle/aircraft factory past the far end of the airport, and further south the setting's equivalent of Ikea. Being a little serendipitous, that PC found a high-tech scope for his Lee Enfield in a dufflebag on the perch. While without power for the fancier features (IR, night vision, rangefinder, etc), he was still able to make use of it to pick off the ghouls from a long ways off.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Finally started the basing of my Hierotitan.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

There's no time like the present...

I think you currently hold the world record for the amount of time spent not doing anything but wait between painting and basing a model ;)

16. Aginor
    Slann

Imrahil, Noxolotl and Killer Angel like this.
  17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

A bit like one of those "World Record Holders" who is the "highest number of twiglets shoved into someone's earhole in 30 seconds" category!

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Yesterday I went to the local GW store with my brother to collect some paints:

20211105_105323.jpg

Grrr, Imrahil

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  19. Imrahil
    Slann

20. Aginor
    Slann

I finally finished the Kurnoth Hunters
    (Without bases though, my wife and I want to do the bases for the whole army together).

Pics on my blog soon.
    Next up: Seraphon!

Noxolotl, Imrahil and Killer Angel like this.