1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. What can Lizzies do vs a Bloodthirster ??

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Gannon, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Sounds killable to me. Let's see how he handle two giant blowpipes firing 4D6 poisoned attacks and still be standing, the talk to me, lol.

2. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I'm gona face those Deamons more than before after a friend bought an entire army the other day! But atleast it sounds to me like its gona be more easy to be a Lizardmen player from the 7th of February :)

3. Revien
    Cold One

Revien New Member

Indeed, the new EotG seem almost unfair to daemons and undead.

4. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

I thught all Greater Demons got a 4+ ward. Maybe thats in 40K. And just to put it out there. You cant poison things over a certain US. At least thats what i was told about the Keeper of Secrets i just fought.... but i cant find anything on that in the little red book. I dont have the big one with me. Can we poison big stuff? Not that i would rely on that to kill it, 20 shots with a +1 to hit couldnt hurt.

5. didleoman
    Chameleon Skink

didleoman New Member

there are two things that can't be poisoned..

models with a rule saying they are immune to poison

targets who need to be hit on a 7+

that is it

6. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

You're Kepper of Secrets opponent is quite the Prince of Darkness for such a fib, lol.

7. no1cafe
    Skink

no1cafe New Member

The only deamons I know that have a 4+ ward in fantasy are the tzeentch heralds and horrors when accompanied by a herald. Though there may be a gift that gives a 4+ ward that some of the greater deamons may have access to.

8. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

That guy speaks allot of BS. How else would skinks be so good at taking down giants? There is very little that can't be poisoned.

9. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

It came from my buddy who works at the GW but he later recanted his statement because he got it mixed up with killing blow. I'm glad i didnt poison him to death. How would i have added him to my collection in my blade of realities? :bored: Hitting with all 5 attacks doesnt hurt.

10. Revien
    Cold One

Revien New Member

I have an upcoming battle against a Bloodthirster army this weekend, and my strategy will be to take a skink chief riding a steggy, along with a bane head. The just place him at the back of my forces and fire away. Hitting on a 2+ if I don't move him, and wounding on a 5+, but if the wound goes through, D3x2 wounds :D

11. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

that even sounds allmost unfair to he poor blood thirster MHUAHAHAHA

12. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

That's SWEET! *with really dark voice* Headshot!

gotta try it out, as soon as as I get some lizzies.

13. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Don't forget, auto-wounding on a 6 to hit!

14. ACe
    Saurus

ACe New Member

Dalkarius, the new blade of realities doesn't ignore ward saves and cause double wounds do daemons anymore. It simply forces the enemy to succeed in a Ld check per hit or die, which is even better against that greater daemon.

Against khorne, Lord Kroak could prove useful with his Deliverance of Itza. 2D6 S5 (normally S4, but S5 against daemons, undead and forest spirits) hits to all enemy units within 6'' or 12'' or 18'' or 24'' (even when in combat!!) depending on the casting value you have chosen. In addition kroaks unit is unbreakable and he is quite hard to kill. I'd say he is the best lord choice against khorne, even being so expensive he will most probably obliterate everything and all forever and for good.

Edit: Dalkarius probably knew that one already, the date of his first comment seems to be August of last year so...no new book yet.

15. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I think kroak is a rather bad mummy frog in the current book, for his 600+ points you get 4pool dice and a spell that's the same as burning alignment from the EoTG but uses a casting value and can be dispelled, WHICH IS NOT good against khorne, especially not BTs or flesh hunds which can obtain a magic res(3).

and dispel scrolls is not even to talk about.

16. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

The huge difference I noticed was that Kroak's spell does not ignore armor saves, so it won't do much against heavily armored stuff.

17. The Dark Lord
    Skink

The Dark Lord New Member

Magic resistance doesn't help vs. non-targeted spells. ;)

18. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

On topic people ;)
    I fought a Bloodthirster here the other day in a 2k match. Got a charge at some furies with my EoTG and overran into the Thirster witch had taken 1 wound earlier by my slann. Took him down by impact hits alone :D

As it is pr 7th edition, I think stegadons(any of them) and skink skirmishers are our best shot at any of the GD of Chaos

19. DonkeyHotep
    Temple Guard

DonkeyHotep New Member

In the last edition I stopped a bloodthirster by just Tanking him. I had a scar vet with blessed spawning of more armor, cold one, enchanted shield and amulet of quetzl. a -1 armor save and a 4+ ward makes the bloodthirster sad... He's only str 7, you still armor on a 3+ and ward on a 4+. If the bloodthirster doesn't kill a whole lot then Combat res will still beat him, and he can be crushed by demonic instability.

I see the general strategy you suggest with the skink chief bane head.... not specific mind you but general. We joke about those kinds of plans to snipe huge crap and one of my friends always calls it "Black Arrow" and jokes about that guy in the hobbit who killed Smaug.

20. Ehecatl
    Jungle Swarm

Ehecatl New Member

He can't use the magic Resistance against blanket spells (none targeted), so the likes of Drain life would get through without a beefy dispel roll. D6 S3 hits isn't much cop though! Cleansing Fire from Light is better.