1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What do to with old deleted minis

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Fer_Silfore, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

I returned after a while and found that a bunch of older units are no longer even playable and have been completely expunged from the rules. I wonder what others have done with their old minis that cant be used as they used to be. for example:

Cold Ones
    Sunblood
    Skink Chief
    Skink Priest (not Starpriest or Starseer)
    Razordon

i might be forgetting a few but these are the ones that come to mind and that i own and now cant use, but there might be a few more i cant remember atm

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Play Warhammer Fantasy with them of course! They're still usable in the superior game! :D

3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

hmmm, gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Played a lot of both and yeah... i wouldn't go back :)

Personally, I made my knights aggradons by putting them on larger bases and building the base up a bit so the height was appropriate. Sunblood = old blood, skink chief/priest = starpriest, and you can put 2 razordons or salamanders onto a single larger base to substitute for spawn of chotecs.

Lizerd, Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

leo.gif

[​IMG]

5. Delta_Chameleon
    Skink

Delta_Chameleon Active Member

Here’s what I have been doing:

Cold Ones - I use these guys as my Raptadon Chargers (the melee version) while building my actual raptadons as hunters (the ranged version). They are the correct base size, correct number of models per unit and have the full command options. Even the physical size of the model lines up pretty well. I have most of my saurus knights armed with spears, which also lines up well with the raptadon chargers lance weapon. The only little bit of weirdness is them having the skink keyword instead of sarus, which does matter to Fangs of Sotek and Koatl’s Claw constellations, but it’s easy to remember. And I havent had a single opponent yet mind the swap.

Sunblood - He’s easily used as an Oldblood on Foot, which I have a lot of fun with in the new book. Just make sure he’s on the correct 32 mm base for an oldblood, not the larger 40 mm base the Sunblood came with.

Skink Priest (not Starpriest or Starseer) - I just use these guys as Starpriests. They work just fine, and gives a wider variety of different Starpriest models to field. And in the new book, with cosmic power points, I like running multiple Starpriests in a Fangs of Sotek list. When I run Fangs of Sotek, thematically I like run skink wizards instead of Kroak or Slann too much, and all those priests give me more variety to do that. Also helps me keep track of who has what spell when I have very unique models between the Starpriests.

Razordon - This one is a tough one. You could certainly rebase the razordon model on the correct base of 90 mm x 52 mm oval base for a Spawn of Chotec. I dont think anyone would bat an eye at the difference in models.

I think all those options are completely acceptable to get these older minis still in your game.

6. BondiWondi
    Skink

BondiWondi Member

Well i was asking myself the same question as Fer_Silfore, im glad i read your answer! I didnt also know if they were still playable , or if they are going to be added to the army in a future.

Any ideas for the eternity warden?

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Glue something astrolith bearer ish to its sticks and call it a day

JTSleep and Imrahil like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...but you can still wait for TOW. Those models should be fully available. ;)

9. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

What would TOW mean? Haven’t heard that abbreviation yet

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

The Old World
    Hopefully this year GW should release the rules for the looooong waited system set in the background of old WHFB

Just A Skink and Fer_Silfore like this.
  11. Fer_Silfore
    Saurus

Fer_Silfore Member

Oh damn that would be sweet. I’m assuming they won’t be available for official play and only for friendly matches. Has there been a confirmed release for it?

12. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Played plenty of fantasy, not exactly dying for the release of old world. Find age of sigmar (and the community) to be an infinitely better experience.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    Just A Skink likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It will be its very own stand alone game. Sort of like The Horus Heresy game is to 40K.

They have shown off some new models and released some sparse information about the game, but a release date has not been announced as of yet.

Fer_Silfore likes this.
  14. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

I miss a lot my Dread Saurian :(

Fer_Silfore and Killer Angel like this.
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

You're not alone, trust me

Fer_Silfore and Kakalou1 like this.
  16. sibalgo
    Jungle Swarm

sibalgo New Member

Have they said anything or has there been any speculation about whether they're going to use square or circular bases for TOW? I'm interested in it but there's no way I'm re-rebasing things that I already had to switch over for Sigmar.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Square bases have been confirmed by GW. Not only that, but many of the bases will increase in size as compared to their 8th edition counterparts.

18. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

blasphemy

19. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAH, stop mention it!!! My heart!!!! it hurts!!! Why????

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

To alleviate your pain, just remember that a member of LO owns 3 of them. ;)