1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHFB Albion Concept Artwork by Matthew Klaas de Witte (WHFB)

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

Buddug

[​IMG]

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That design with the eagle crest is very similar to some Gallic helmets that have actually been found, and of course is very fitting for the Great Eagle-riding Toulenii.

3. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl : Aye!

4. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

As Matt hasn’t created any Albion artwork of late due to other projects, to keep this thread going I’ve been working on a map of Albion and the various factions on it, based upon one that @Warden made for his Dragon Isles Samurai Clans in one of his lore threads (here). I’ve included all three of the major tribes that Matt has devised, plus territory that belongs to the Truthsayers as I thought they would have the same level of power the Druids had over the actual Celtic tribes (I would say akin to that which the Pope possessed over the various countries of Medieval Europe), surviving enclaves of Fimir (as I found that some of them still live on the island), the armies of corrupted tribesmen that follow Be’lakor (which I’ve called the Hordes of Shadow or Shadow Clans) and the Norse, as they’re portrayed as controlling much of Albion in Warhammer: Total War and I thought it would provide continuity to replicate some of that.
    2CE28C50-9E22-4056-A368-6F5CCACBECF1.png

The emblems were all borrowed from Rome: Total War, Rome II: Total War (in the case of the Truthsayers emblem) and Warhammer: Total War (the emblems for all three of the evil factions here are Norse faction emblems in the game, but I thought the green one would be good for Fimir because of the central ‘eye’ in the middle of the four Chaos spikes, and the Chaos star would be appropriate for Be’lakor’s corrupted clansmen).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  6. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

7. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl , Matt de Witte really like your map. He seems fired up with enthusiasm. I'll just copy-paste the E-mails due to lack of time, please see his question:

Cheers

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Yes of course he can. I’m amazed at such positive feedback for my map, and I’m extremely pleased he is happy with it.

I can make a slight tweak to it to incorporate the Great Ogham into Boreni territory, that’s pretty easy, but I couldn’t see the Tower of Llenog anywhere on the map I found. The best I can do with that is to simply swap the locations of the Toulenii and Belenii around so the Belenii are further west, I simply thought that given the Toulenii are the eagle tribe, I thought they’d be happiest in the most mountainous region, with Bol-a-hat (I see what they did there :D) as their main hillfort.

Imrahil likes this.
  9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I’ve decided to revise my map to acknowledge this segment of Matt’s feedback:
    5F089A4C-298C-4339-8FE0-B82F7846CA63.png

I’ve incorporated the Great Ogham into Boreni territory and swapped the positions of the Belenii and Toulenii around to give the Belenii access to the Tower of Llenog (which actually isn’t on this map but on a similar more detailed version is present in the region I’ve given to the Belenii, between the two lots of marshes).

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Karak Norn Clansman likes this.
  11. Karak Norn Clansman
    Terradon

From E-mail conversation with Matt de Witte: