1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP images of Tette'ekko scratch build

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by wappellious, Aug 5, 2011.

1. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Hello!

Well, I don't know how well these images will translate here, but at least it is something!

I have the sculpted, unpainted version of Baby Babo, constructed in much the same way as the 2 scratch built EoTG's.

There is also a picture of the painting process at roughly 80% complete. The base he is on is strickly a tournament base, as I needed something with a low profile, given the 30% or more Dwarf gunline saturation of every tournament I play in these days.

The real base I want for him is much more elaborate, and has him stitting a whole lot higher!

Here goes!

TettekkoWIPMultiviewR.jpg

and now the mostly painted version:

TetteEkkoWIPadvancedstageMultiviewR.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

schweeet! :D

however, it could be advisable to make it "fly" a bit higher, to fit some skinks in the ranks closest to it. but maybe you already checked this :)

3. parrot
    Cold One

parrot New Member

I really like the night sky behind him. Nice job :D

4. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

I'm flabbergasted. :spiderman: You truly hit every part with Amazing and then varnished it with Awesome! I've been motivated in the past but not like this. I see so many unique ideas and items; I'm just glad it's Friday. It might have been too much for me earlier in the week :D :rolleyes:

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Once again, this guy looks fantastic! Great work, I really love the freehand you do!

6. Shaslain
    Saurus

Shaslain New Member

Nice job dude! That's much better than my tette-ekko stand in (I just put the EoG on a 40mm, i'm kinda lazy :p ). One of my friends was talking about your work from the golden daemon competition and I told him that you were on a forum that I frequent. Pretty cool.

7. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Yes, the little guy was very fun to make, and also fun to paint!

He has helped a ton in games, as he has let me redeploy units in the random deployment scenario, and also makes my opponents go nuts when they try to deploy in regular scenarios.

He has done some serious mauling of dwarves with the Comet as well! Thanks for putting all your artillery units nicely bunched up on that hill!

8. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Phenomenal. Your 2d stuff is brilliant. Can we get some close ups of the sun (with sun spots/flares?)? Also, those snakes are fantastic. Love the whole thing.

9. AllSeeingSkink
    Temple Guard

AllSeeingSkink Member

Did you hand paint those things? If you did that's insane, I just woulda printed it out some pictures of supernovas or something and glued them on, lol.

Awesome looking model though, I'm really impressed!

10. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

I used to paint spacescapes for a living, so all the portals for the EoTG's and Baby Babo were done by hand :)

11. rdennison11
    Skink

rdennison11 New Member

Hi, I was wondering if you could help
    Me at all.

I'm having a go at making a tetto'eko model but with little success, what materials did you use for the palanquin and could you give me
    Any tips on painting space backgrounds.

Thanks, in advance

P.S. your model is incredible, it would put anything else to shame.

12. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

That looks great - I'd love to see a close up, thanks!

13. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

have you finished painting it yet, i can't wait to see the finished model; how do you go about painting the space scapes, is their a technique or is it just praxctice? i would love to know how its done because its incredible