1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Youtube is removing the dislike count

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scalenex, Nov 11, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

When the change is implemented, I plan to write in comments "I disliked this video" every time I use the dislike button (which is not that common, but I when I use the dislike button, I enjoy it).

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I believe the change is live now. I see it on all the recent videos I've watched.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

I'm not having any issues with my dislike tallies and since I am okay and not egocentric in the slightest bit, I assume everyone else is okay.

[​IMG]

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

They found me, I lost my dislike count :(

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

There is no escape from YouTube. It marks us all.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

9. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

10. Scalenex
    Slann

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Of course they will... they have to protect the big companies.

I love ad-blockers! It always comes as a shock when I watch a YouTube video on someone else's computer and I see an ad. I've become so used to them not being there.

12. Scalenex
    Slann

I like what Nerdotic said.

Youtube got ride of the dislike button to protect small creators like: the White House, Disney, Warner bros.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And CNN and the White House!

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Lol this is pretty rich coming from the daily fucking wire. The snowiest of snowflakes.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's cute. How about actually disputing the argument being presented?

But if they are such snowflakes, go ahead a debate a guy like Shaprio. I'd pay to watch it.

18. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

LOL you're funny dude. Debate a guy like shapiro, like i'd ever waste my fucking time.

edit: dispute the argument being presented that what? its all some liberal fucking conspiracy? Isn't that basically every argument the daily wire makes about anything? Its regurgitated mass market bullshit intended to appeal to a niche demographic's already pre-conceived notion about what is and is not right.

Just like any fucking media in this country.

PS: i think youtube is dumb as shit and i dont believe a single thing they said about why they wanted to or didn't want to remove the dislike button. I imagine, like most things, some bean counter somewhere decided it would make them more money somehow.

It's literally the driver of ever decision any business has ever made in the history of time.

final edit: I actually think the video makes a great point, it just doesnt realize they are also part of the problem. Power, controlling the platform, controlling the influence? yeah. they wanna do that. So does the daily wire which is why they... do all the same things? its all pretty shitty IMO. No one should ever believe any entity who's entire business model relies on clicks. They are literally incentivized to lie and appease you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm sure that's the reason why that won't happen. Pretty sure his time is literally worth (meaning $$$) more than yours. Not that it really matters, just don't pretend we don't know exactly how such a debate would go down... and who the victor would be.

The argument that the counter is being removed to protect certain types of channels with very specifically and politically aligned viewpoints.

Usually... but not always.

Woke Hollywood is literally burning money to force through their political message. Take a look at what the CW network did to themselves.

Now, will the almighty dollar win out in the end?... I certainly hope so.

20. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

what the fuck are you talking about lol. is ben shapiro your daddy? why are you defending him? I dont give a single flying fuck what his time is worth and i would never, ever debate him about literally anything because that doesnt sound enjoyable to me in the slightest.

Victor? Are you seven? What is going on?

disney, cw, hollywood, dont give a shit about any political message. They exist to make money. Thats it. Thats all they are trying to do. They think they are appealing to a larger audience with a vapid, soulless message that requires 0 effort from then to make.

Its way harder (and riskier) to, you know, actually make good, compelling stories.

You've somehow completely missed my point because you're so quick to defend some right vs left bullshit argument. You have no idea where i stand on the political spectrum and my problem with all this stuff has nothing to do with their right leaning message.

but sure dude do your thing. Post more talking heads on youtube yammering on about nonsense while the ruling class continues to fuck the working class of the right and the left over and over and over again. If only hollywood didn't make the son of superman bi. Then the world would be sane.

edit: do you seriously think the board members and c-suite of disney (or any similar company) have a left leaning agenda? Really?

There isn't a rich person alive that has a left leaning message.