1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Sleepy corner

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by JTSleep, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Never mind, thus can happen from time to time.
    @Killer Angel might be able to help.

Or you can copy the content of the post to the correct thread and edit this post to say something about this thread ;)

Grrr, !mrahil

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I do

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  3. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Thank you. It was quickie, but those are sometimes better than planned projects.

Thanks, I hope too. Last ones were my own and I painted them separated to have better access everywhere. Here I have to rely on black primer to act as shadows.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'd say this is a fine suggestion. ;)

jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.
  5. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Pushing forward! Behold my cleaned skinks :D
    (I just really wanted to share something even when I have almost nothing :D )

IMG20221108125152.jpg

6. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Not so massive progress on monthly goals, but I am getting there :)
    Skinks are based and ready to paint.
    IMG20221110131443.jpg

And I also finished salamander handlers for second salamander (that is currently being painted after being "archived" for three months)
    IMG20221110131248.jpg

7. JTSleep
    Stegadon

And second salamander is done. Since his base is the one I used for betatest of basing, I hope that varnish won´t damage it... but if it will, I´ll gladly paint different model to represent salamander as this OPR lizard was too big and rescaling it to (I believe) 60% made those details so small I missed most of them.

IMG20221111092053.jpg

8. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Three days of preparation and then I manage to almost finish half the unit during lunchtime :D
    Since it is friday and I will continue again at monday, I decided that it is simpler to note colors used. I will use red-yellow on feather and then just pale sand the heck out of claws and teeth.
    Edit: Nevermind... I managed to finish them :D

IMG20221111124429.jpg

IMG20221111140620.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  9. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Bit of detour from lizardmen, but I wanted to share that after 10 months, I managed to play wargames again! Since I have not finished my german tanks last month, I played US Armored rifle company in small 8 people tournament of Flames of War. I ended second from end :D , but we all had fun. Here are some photos:
    IMG_20221113_121747.jpg
    IMG_20221113_122017.jpg

10. JTSleep
    Stegadon

I realised that I'll be at office only two days this week and it would be waste to finish skinks and start another models only to wait five days then. So I started on knights instead. I should be able to finish them tomorrow. I kinda messed up dino color as it is almost the same as pallid bone I use for claws, but I'll try to do something about that tomorrow.
    IMG_20221114_161155.jpg

11. jinjerJosh22
    Temple Guard

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Looking good! Nice vibrant scheme.

JTSleep likes this.
  12. Quetzalcoatlus
    Saurus

Quetzalcoatlus Active Member

Looking good! I’m going with a green and blue scheme too.

What colour will you use for the shields and banner?

JTSleep likes this.
  13. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

These guys look great!

- Q - and JTSleep like this.
  14. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Thank you all.

Not sure yet. I used orange for shields of first unit, but those guys were undercoated white. These ones are grey, so orange will look like generic brown. I will think about it while I do gold details... and then I do what I do most of the time... I´ll grab first paint from rack blindly. More colors more fun, right? :D

Quetzalcoatlus likes this.
  15. JTSleep
    Stegadon

And it´s done. :)
    They don´t look as good as first unit I made (which is also not artistic masterpiece anyway :D ), but they took me two lunchbreaks to paint... In comparision, first unit took me about 7 hours to paint... Darn, now I kinda want to paint another five :)
    IMG20221115112038.jpg

16. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Last couple of days are pretty chaotic at home, but I got up early and managed to paint second half of skinks before rest of the family woke up.
    I can already hear them moving in the dark, so here is quick photo. Excuse the wet varnish on rim. I need to return being a dad :D

IMG_20221119_070957.jpg

17. Quetzalcoatlus
    Saurus

Quetzalcoatlus Active Member

Looking good! Can’t believe you managed a whole unit in your lunch break!

It takes me about an hour of procrastination just to get my painting table out!!

18. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Thank you :)
    To be fair, they were primed and preshaded. All I had to do were just speedpaints. I found out that key is to not overbrush, so I don't have to repaint areas with white and wait for it to dry. I have two brushes dipped in paint and switch them in seconds to go around details and large areas. Then I clean them together and move to next color.

Edit: also... Most of what I posted in last 3 months is done over lunchbreaks :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  19. JTSleep
    Stegadon

All right...
    I glued skink shields onto skink chief stegadon's bamboos and model is ready for priming.
    I found out that my german tanks take speedpaints well and single track takes 5 minutes to do instead of 30 minutes, so they will be easy in way of progress.
    Those were my last goals for this month, so I am moving to additional stuff I have put on backtrack long time ago.

The dreaded thirty: My planned unit of thirty warriors. Made from mix of 20 (carefully selected best of bad) second hand minis and start collecting saurus warriors. I already cut off their spears and gave them 3D printed clubs. Now I have to make 5 more drummers and 5 more banners.

Cavalry of Remnants: Bought together with warriors were 12 knights on cold ones. Together with 3 spares from start collecting, I am able to kitbash them to three units (one already painted earlier). I will have to saw off some limbs, but they will be usable.
    This will take a lot of time... I plan to have them done by end of year if I don't do anything else, but we'll see.

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  20. JTSleep
    Stegadon

Okay, here we go. I decided that to divide time, I will make all the models in groups of five. This should keep my fear of painting hordes in check a bit more and hopefully avoid situation where I put those models back to pile of shame.

I have first five warriors and five knights ready and should start re-priming them today.
    IMG20221122080025.jpg
    IMG20221122075825.jpg